Is It Too Late??
Is it too late to start, or at least write down New Years Resolutions? Typically I don’t make resolutions, simply because I feel I am setting myself up for failure. It’s hard to change, especially when you are set into your routine, and use alot of convenience items, just to make it thru your day.
I was browsing around Blogger, and found a blog that really pulled me in. The writer had many of their ideas listed, but gave 2 years to accomplish these ideas. While that sounds great, I want to accomplish these ideas by the beginning of 2009, most of them, sooner.
These are ideas for our homeschool, my photography business, my family and for the betterment of our planet. My Daddy always told me to leave things better than I found them. I am going to try.
So even tho it’s well into March, I am going to list items/habits, that I would like to at least modify, if not change.
Homeschool (to be accomplished by end of August)
- purchase and observe caterpillars grow into butterflies
- start a garden from seeds, using these vegetables in our home for understanding better nutrition.
- make a solar system mobile to hang in the schoolroom
- plan or attend a field trip to a working dairy farm (preferably an “organic” farm)
- plan or attend a field trip to the observatory
- learn how to tell time on digital and analog clocks, and understand time measurement
- understand the value of money and how to save for a rainy day
- learn all continents and states
- help child become better reader
- take weekend get-a-ways at least once a month
- organize a family game night
- have family game night once a week
- visit Brookfield Gardens during the spring
- have all of family read a chapter book together then discuss
- spend less money on unneeded items
- turn off the television all day twice a week
- turn off the television all day three times a week
- turn off the computer all day
- turn off the computer all day for two days
- listen to the radio more
- borrow books on tape from the library
- visit the library once a week, every week
- consume less caffeine (already off to good start on this one)
- be a better manager of my time
- smile more
- get on consistent routine of getting up early
- get on consistent routine of going to bed early
- read more books
- drink more water
- bake more with the boys
- accomplish all tasks before moving on to something else
- keep laundry caught up
- make more from scratch
- eat more organically grown foods
- have date night with DH once a month
- compile BEST portraits for portfolio
- finish website
- order business cards
- get more work
- work hard to learn all I can
- network better
- make more business friends
- learn from those that are great @ this business
There you have it. I will try to keep you updated on how I/we are doing. I don’t expect overnight success, I just expect change… of some sort. Wish me luck.